Who's interested in a fall grain purchase?

General topics and announcements that don't fit into the specific forums below.

Re: Who's interested in a fall grain purchase?

Postby Lyle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:44 am

I figure from the comment, the malt house is not open on the weekends?

I would be available the Friday after Thanksgiving or the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Could probably swing another day if needed. I would passenger or drive seperately if we were picking up more than would fit in one vehicle.

Lyle
Lyle
BUZZ Officer

BUZZ Officer

Favorite Beer?: OPEN

Postby chase » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 am

Lyle wrote:I figure from the comment, the malt house is not open on the weekends?

I would be available the Friday after Thanksgiving or the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Could probably swing another day if needed. I would passenger or drive seperately if we were picking up more than would fit in one vehicle.

Lyle

Personally, I'd rather not wait that long. I've emailed Robin, our contact at Mid-Country, to make sure that the pickup hours are the same as their customer service hours. I've also asked for an updated catalog.
chase
BUZZ Officer

BUZZ Officer

Postby Anthony » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:44 am

chase wrote:Personally, I'd rather not wait that long. I've emailed Robin, our contact at Mid-Country, to make sure that the pickup hours are the same as their customer service hours. I've also asked for an updated catalog.

Same here.

I don't think I've ever picked up on a Saturday before and I think the most likely reason is that the place is closed. The customer service hours, at least in the past, were for the phone office in New York where Robin is, not the warehouse hours in South Holland where the goodness is.
Anthony
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Wake Up Neo

Postby chase » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:14 pm

I called up there and it looks like they are open for purchase pickups from 8am to 4:30 M-F. HERE is the link for the new catalog.

If we're going to do a pickup, then I'd rather do it sooner rather than later. Perhaps next Friday, Nov 11. I can probably drive up there then.

EDIT: Robin just sent me the update catalog, so if you downloaded it earlier, you may want to get it again. Also, they need 48hrs notice between placing the order and when we can pick it up.
chase
BUZZ Officer

BUZZ Officer

Postby Anthony » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Geez, those prices all took a nice bump didn't they?

Looks to me like they've pushed all of the < 2000# prices up... I'm guessing to start weaning homebrewers/homebrew clubs off.
Anthony
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Wake Up Neo

Postby Marco » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:11 am

Count me in for a bag of pils and a bag of two-row. I can only chip in for small portion of specialty if needed. As of right now I will want to pick up from Mid-Country Thursday morning. Chase will coordinate where/when you can pick them up.
Marco
BUZZ Ancient

BUZZ Ancient

Favorite Beer?: Brown

Previous

Return to General Discussion