Pilsner Urquel Brewing Competition

General topics and announcements that don't fit into the specific forums below.

Pilsner Urquel Brewing Competition

Postby Florian » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:29 pm

For all the excellent lager brewers in BUZZ, I thought I'd share some information I received from the Princeton Home Brewing Club:

Pilsner Urquell, the world’s first golden beer is bringing its Master Home Brewer Competition to New York City this summer! Home brewers will be challenged to recreate this iconic beer as it celebrates its 170th anniversary this year.

Vaclav Berka, Pilsner Urquell’s Brew Master, will return as the lead judge for the Competition and will be in New York City on July 23rd. The winning brewer will not only receive a trip to Prague and Plsen this fall, but will also get the incredible opportunity of brewing a special one-time batch of Pilsner Urquell with Mr. Berka.

Pilsner Urquell is limiting the New York event to the first 75 home brewers who reserve a spot by emailing their name, phone number and competition city to PilsnerUrquelUSA@gmail.com. More information and official rules are available at Facebook.com/PilsnerUrquellUSA .

If you need an opinion on your Pilsner Urquel clone, you're welcome to send me a bottle (or case), I guarantee that I will give feedback (along the lines of "thanks for the beer, don't expect anything technical).
Florian
BUZZ Newb

BUZZ Newb

Return to General Discussion