Meeting Protocol

General topics and announcements that don't fit into the specific forums below.

Meeting Protocol

Postby Douglas » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Greetings all,

My name is Douglas and I would like to become part of your organization. I am planning on attending your upcoming September meeting and I was wondering if there is anything I should know or prepare before attending (materials to review, established protocol, that sort of thing). Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Doug
Douglas
BUZZ Newb

BUZZ Newb

Favorite Beer?: My beer!

Re: Meeting Protocol

Postby Anthony » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi there,

All meetings start with the official BUZZ pledge:

"Whether golden bright or dark as night, no homebrew shall escape my sight. Let those who worship macro-brewed lite, beware our power, homebrewer's might!"

Then we pass around the common cup from which everyone takes a sip....

JUST KIDDING.

No protocol really. We always start the meetings with introductions. Then we go through pending club business (officer election is coming up next meeting), sometimes there is a topic of the month too. Then we take all the homebrew that everyone brings, line it up according to style/strength/ingredients, and for each one, the person who brought it introduces it, then folks are free to comment about it. After all the homebrew is sampled, sometimes we sample commercial beers, sometimes we retire early and head out to an after-meeting gathering at a local good beer bar.

Hope to see you there!
Anthony
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Wake Up Neo

Re: Meeting Protocol

Postby chase » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:17 am

Just to add to Anthony's description, I'd like to say that sometimes our club business goes a little long. This month, since we have elections, and a couple orders of business we'll probably be talking for a while before drinking. This seems to turn off new people, especially if there first meeting is the September meeting. As usual though, we highly encourage participation so that we can strive to make it a better club for everyone.
chase
BUZZ Officer

BUZZ Officer

Return to General Discussion