Indiana State Fair competition, July 7-8

General topics and announcements that don't fit into the specific forums below.

Indiana State Fair competition, July 7-8

Postby joel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:43 am

I signed up to judge the Indiana State Fair Brewers' Cup homebrew competition, July 7 & 8. It's a large, well-run competition; I highly recommend judging if you are able:

http://www.indianastatefair.com/state-f ... ewers-cup/

I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, but can fit 2-3 more people in my car (unless I bring my bike, then it's 1 passenger). Tentative plan is to drive over early afternoon Friday, maybe hit a brewpub for a late lunch, then judge the late session Friday plus both Saturday sessions, leaving earlyish Sunday morning. I reserved a single room at the Indy Hostel; they have a variety of private, dorm, and tent accommodations, fairly cheap (but State Fair staff has been recommending it for judges, so it may fill up fast!):

http://www.indyhostel.us/
joel
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Dirty Hippy Mild. Or Samichlaus. Maybe Bigfoot. Or Bourbon County Stout. Victory Prima Pils would also do...

Re: Indiana State Fair competition, July 7-8

Postby joel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:25 pm

As of today they have roughly half the judges they need.

Did I mention they pay $100, and feed volunteers well (including an awards banquet with lots of beer)?
joel
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Dirty Hippy Mild. Or Samichlaus. Maybe Bigfoot. Or Bourbon County Stout. Victory Prima Pils would also do...

Re: Indiana State Fair competition, July 7-8

Postby barleyrat » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:10 am

Can confirm that the end banquet is legit. Will and I are carpooling early on Friday and will judge both Friday and Saturday. We're staying at the hostel as well.

I know we can rile up a couple more judges in this club. Any other buzzards want to hop on this party train to Indy? :banana

-Jackson
barleyrat
BUZZard

BUZZard

Favorite Beer?: 50/50 mix of La Chouffe gold and Hamms

Return to General Discussion