For What It's Wort competition, Normal IL, July 21

Announcements of upcoming competitions for judges and entrants, questions about competing, tips and tricks, etc.

For What It's Wort competition, Normal IL, July 21

Postby joel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:22 am

See announcement below. I tentatively plan to judge in this competition, and if so can take a few others along.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Good morning Judges!

The Association of Bloomington-Normal Brewers (ABNormal Brewers) is hosting our annual For What It's Wort competition at Destihl Brewery in Normal, IL on July 21st 2018. This competition is BJCP sanctioned, and will be judged based on the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines. Mead/Cider entries are accepted.

If you have any interest in assisting with judging responsibilities, please register on the For What It's Wort competition page and indicate your availability: http://forwhatitswort.brewcomp.com/

Competition Day Details (Times are in CDT):

8AM - 9AM - Arrival:- A light breakfast will be provided for judges and stewards prior to the first session.
9AM - 12PM - Flight/Session 1
12PM - 1PM - Lunch/Raffle -- The club will provide tokens to judges for 1 meal and 1 beer that can be redeemed inside the Destihl Brewery Beer Hall. If you'd like to take a quick gander at their menu, it's available at this link: In addition to lunch, our club will raffle off some of the swag donated by our sponsors at this time.
1PM - 4PM - Flight/Session 2
4PM - 5PM - Best of Show

After Best of Show has completed, representatives from Destihl Brewery, White Oak Brewing, and Lil Beaver Brewery will select commercial ramp-up beers from the entries that were included in the BOS round.

We look forward to seeing you in July! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kiel MacEwan
Competition Organizer - For What It's Wort 2018
Abnormal Brewers
joel
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Dirty Hippy Mild. Or Samichlaus. Maybe Bigfoot. Or Bourbon County Stout. Victory Prima Pils would also do...

Re: What It's Wort competition, Normal IL, July 21

Postby barleyrat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Thanks for making this section of the forum, Joel. I can't do FWIW this year, unfortunately, due to a certain red themed charity run that weekend.

If you want to do some judging the previous weekend, see my post about IBC.

-Jackson
barleyrat
BUZZard

BUZZard

Favorite Beer?: 50/50 mix of La Chouffe gold and Hamms

Postby joel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:28 pm

barleyrat wrote:I can't do FWIW this year, unfortunately, due to a certain red themed charity run that weekend.
-Jackson

Gak... I need better calendar management. In that case I might end up doing Indy after all. Would have to be like last year-- leaving noonish Friday and skipping the first Friday session.
joel
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Dirty Hippy Mild. Or Samichlaus. Maybe Bigfoot. Or Bourbon County Stout. Victory Prima Pils would also do...

Postby Greg » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:22 am

Judges-
I don't think I will do the overnight trip to Indiana. Good competition, tho. I'm available for judging at the FWIW competition the next Saturday, 7/21. Is anyone still considering judging there? I'll offer to drive.
Running in any color seems the polar opposite of beer judging and I must draw a line somewhere. ;D
Greg
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Favorite Beer?: Triptych Haze

Postby joel » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 am

I will be judging at FWIW and not the IBC. They are still short a few judges in Normal, so if you are available on Saturday July 21 sign up at the link above.
joel
BUZZ Legend

BUZZ Legend

Return to Competition Corner