General topics and announcements that don't fit into the specific forums below.

Postby shibz10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:09 am

Hello my name is Ben Schieber, recently started Homebrewing about a year ago and would like to be a part of a local community where I can learn and bounce ideas off of. I'm not exactly sure how to find out where the monthly meetings are held or when. Would love to come to the next one in April.
Cheers
shibz10
BUZZ Newb

BUZZ Newb

Favorite Beer?: Bruery Oude Tart

Re: New Member

Postby OtherTim » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi Ben, sorry that the meeting info is a bit outdated. Our meetings are the first Thursday of the month. The next one is on April 6th at Riggs Beer Company in Urbana. They start at 7pm, but I think people show up a bit earlier. We're either in the back conference room or in the brewing area.

You're more than welcome to bring some homebrew along. I'd say 2 12oz bottles or a 22oz bottle works best. We pass each beer around so everyone has a chance to drink each beer.

Edit:
I wanted to say that bringing homebrew is not a requirement. If you don't want to or don't have any, that's fine.
OtherTim
BUZZard

BUZZard

Favorite Beer?: Old Stock Ale

Postby shibz10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Awesome thank you, I'll definitely be there if I can. I might bring a bottle, not sure how confident I am yet
shibz10
BUZZ Newb

BUZZ Newb

Postby OtherTim » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:42 pm

I vote you bring it.

There are other types of regular get togethers as well. On the 3rd Wednesday or Thursday we have a group happy hour at a local bar/brewery. The details are nailed down in the meeting before. This consists of people from the club drinking beers and socializing.

Then every other Sunday there's a beer judging class in which people work on their judging skills. Or if people are like me, they are there to help improve their palette. There's an email list for this. Ask Jackson (barleyrat@gmail.com) to be added to the email list.
OtherTim
BUZZard

BUZZard

Favorite Beer?: Old Stock Ale

Postby shibz10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Alright thankyou for the info, it's been very helpful
shibz10
BUZZ Newb

BUZZ Newb

Return to General Discussion