The 22rd Annual Boneyard Brew Off
- Date: June 4, 2016
- Host: J.T.Walker's Brewery
401 E Main St
Mohamet, IL 61853
(Note the brewery is across the street from the restaurant)
We can always use judges and stewards for the competition. For more information on how you can help and the social opportunities that proceed and follow the competition, visit the volunteer page.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE!
- We are using the BJCP 2015 Style Guidelines (pdf)
- You are allowed a maximum of 2 entries per each BJCP category 1-33, M, C (Excluding category 34)
- Registration opens May 13 and closes May 24
- Entries accepted May 20 - May 31.
- Organized by the Boneyard Union of Zymurgical Zealots
- Sanctioned by the American Homebrewers Association
- Judged by Beer Judge Certification Program certified judges
- A Midwest Homebrewer of the Year competition
BJCP 2015 Style Guidelines for beer, mead, and cider will be used to judge entries. Prior to judging, categories may be expanded or collapsed for ribbon determination at the discretion of the competition staff, based on number of entries in each category or subcategory.
Potential Special Prize:
We are partnering with local brewers to potentially have one or more beers brewed at local breweries! The brewers have the option to pick a beer from those winning a first place medal to brew. Those chosen will be contacted in order to get recipes and to coordinate with the brewer.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE REGISTERED ONLINE! You may enter your beers using the entry form.
Registration opens May 13th and closes May 24th!
Entries accepted May 20th to May 31st!
You are allowed a maximum of 2 entries per each BJCP catagory 1-33.
Fee: $7 for the first entry; $5 for subsequent entries from the same brewer(s). Two (2) bottles per entry; common requirements apply, e.g., 10-16 ounce brown bottles, no identifying marks on the bottle or cap.
Getting Entries To Us
There are two ways to get your entries (and entry fees) to us:
- You can ship the entries to: Triptych Brewing, Boneyard Brewoff, 1703 Woodfield Dr., Savoy, IL 61874. Pack the bottles well but don't kill a forest. It is illegal to ship alcohol through the United States Postal Service, but it is not illegal to use private shippers for samples to be organoleptically evaluated. However, individual clerks may not be aware of the regulations, so it is sufficient to label the contents "non-perishable food."
- You can drop-off the entries at the Triptych Brewing address listed above. Prepare the bottles as normal with labels attached with a rubber band. Please put entries in a six-pack carrier and boxed with a minimum of packing along with the fees. Drop offs can be made during normal business hours. Please see the following website for hours of operation -- www.triptychbrewing.com
The B.U.Z.Z. thanks the sponsors of previous year’s Brew-Offs:
Big Sky Brewing Company
Brew Your Own
Midwest Homebrewing and Wine Making Supplies
Upstream Brewing Company
Dogfish Head Brewing Co.
Wyeast Laboratories Inc.
Grape and Granary
Jet Carboy and Bottle Washer Company
Prairie Perspectives Photography
To become a sponsor or for further information, please contact one of the following people: